This southwest quinoa salad is perfect for any occasion - summer BBQ's, side dish, lunch, dinner, meal prep, you name it! This recipe is packed with protein and delicious, nutrient-dense ingredients.
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups Bonafide Provisions Chicken Bone Broth
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 ½ tsp cumin
- 1 15oz. can organic black beans
- 1 15oz. can organic corn, roasted
- 1 tsp Celtic sea salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 medium-size red onion, roughly chopped
- 1-2 avocados
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- Add rinsed quinoa, chicken bone broth, chili powder, and cumin to the pot. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then lower the heat to medium-low and place the lid on.
- Once all of the liquid has been absorbed, turn off the heat, remove the lid, and fluff quinoa with a fork and set aside.
- Rinse black beans and corn and set aside. To roast corn, heat preferred oil on medium-high heat, add corn and wait for it to become charred and roasted. Once the corn is done, turn off the heat and set aside.
- Once quinoa has cooled, add to a large serving bowl, along with black beans, roasted corn, sea salt, pepper, and onion. Stir until well combined.
- Top with diced avocado and cilantro right before serving.