We've taken the ULTIMATE comfort food and turned it into a "bonafide" superfood that's gluten-free, grain-free and packed with protein, calcium, collagen, and all the magic of bone broth.
- 3 cups Banza Elbow Macaroni
- 1/4 cup Grass-Fed butter
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- 1 cup Organic milk
- 1 cup chicken bone broth or turkey bone broth
- 1/4 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups + 1/2 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- Chives for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain when fully cooked – set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt butter. Stir in arrowroot powder and cook 1 minute.
- Whisk in milk and chicken bone broth and cook over medium heat for about 5-6 minutes until thick.
- Stir in Celtic sea salt, freshly ground pepper, and 2 cups cheese until melted.
- Remove pan from heat and pour in macaroni and stir until combined.
- Transfer mac & cheese mixture to cast iron pan or oven-safe casserole dish
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup cheese on top and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until bubbly, then Broil for 1-2 minutes to brown the top. Garnish with chives.