This Whole30 shakshuka skillet recipe will be the star of the show for your next weekend breakfast or brunch. This recipe is quick, easy, and made with simple ingredients. It's bursting with flavor and is the perfect way to start any day!
- 1-2 tbsp coconut oil or ghee
- 1 organic onion, chopped
- 1 organic red bell pepper, diced
- 6 tbsp Bonafide Provisions Beef Bone Broth
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tbsp organic tomato paste
- 1 24-28 oz. can organic crushed tomatoes (fire-roasted or regular)
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 3-6 pasture-raised, organic eggs
- Celtic sea salt & pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Mix together 4 tbsp tomato paste and 2 tbsp beef bone broth.
- Heat coconut oil or ghee in a cast-iron skillet over medium heat. The size of the skillet will determine how many eggs you can fit.
- Once heated, saute the onion and bell peppers, stirring occasionally for about 3-4 min
- Add in garlic and let cook for 1-2 min. Add in 4 tbsp beef bone broth to deglaze the pan.
- Add in tomato paste and bone broth mixture, crushed tomatoes, and spice and stir until well combined. Let simmer for 5-10 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Create wells in the mixture for the eggs to go. Crack each egg right into the skillet, then top with sea salt and pepper.
- Place into the preheated oven for 10-15 min or until the eggs are cooked to your preference.
- Remove from the oven and garnish with chopped parsley.