Whether you're doing a Whole30 or not, these mini meatloaf sliders taste just like mama's but without the gluten, grains, and dairy. Win, win!
- 1/4 cup Steak Sauce
- 2 tbsp Mustard
- ½ cup Ketchup + ¼ cup Steak Sauce
- 2 lbs. Ground Beef
- 1 medium-sized Carrot, finely chopped (I used a mini food processor/bullet)
- 2 Celery stalks, finely chopped
- ½ Onion
- ½ cup Almond Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 1 bag of Cauliflower florets or riced
- 1 large Russet Potato, peeled and diced
- 1 lb. Green Beans
- 3-4 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 stalks of Green Onion, thinly sliced (just the green tops)
- 1 handful of Parsley, chopped for garnish
- 3-4 tbsp. Ghee
- 1/4 cup Bonafide Provisions Chicken Bone Broth, warm
- In a large pan on medium-high sauté onions, celery and carrots with a pinch of sea salt and black pepper, set aside. (Cook off any excess water from vegetables.)
- Combine, ground beef, steak sauce, mustard, eggs, almond flour, 2-3 tsp sea salt, a few cracks of black pepper and sautéed minced veggies.
- Mix well, hands work best!
- In a greased muffin pan add ground beef mixture filling to the top.
- Bake 375 degrees for 20 min.
- Pull meatloaf minis out of the oven and top with ketchup + steak sauce mixture.
- Bake an additional 10 min. or until center reads 160 degrees
- In salted water boil potatoes until almost tender. And drain. Set aside.
- Steam cauliflower in bone broth until soft enough to mash. Add cooked potatoes to pot.
- Add Bonafide Provisions chicken bone broth, ghee and salt to taste. Mash and whip until light and fluffy. Use an immersion blender for smoother texture.
- Stir in green onions
- Add more bone broth if necessary.
Garlic Green Beans:
- Prep and wash green beans keeping them whole.
- In a large saucepan heat 1 tbsp olive oil and 1 tbsp. ghee.
- Sauté green beans on medium-high about 5-8 min.
- Add garlic and cook for another 2 min.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
To Serve: When meatloaf minis are finished top each one with more ketchup glaze and the Potato-Cauli mash. Garnish with chopped parsley. Serve with a side of seared green beans. (Optional: For meatloaf “edge” pieces sear the sides of the meatloaf minis before serving, top with more ketchup glaze)
This recipe was created by Alexis Jacinto Rivera @paleorookie
Whole30 helped Alexis end decades of yo-yo dieting, mental health setbacks and chronic pain. Because of Whole30 she has been Rx drug-free since 2014!
“Keep your meals simple and satisfying. Make it taste so good you don’t even realize you’ve cut out the fillers. Find the foods you love, that speaks to your soul and modify them to fit your needs. It’s the ultimate gesture of gratitude and self-love.”