When we saw this recipe come across our feed we knew it was something we had to share with all of you. Our friend Carley at Fairy Gut Mother came up with the incredible recipe that combines the ease of a slow cooker, the superfood benefits of bone broth and the always-delicious, comforting hot chocolate to create a nutrient-charged take on a holiday classic. If this isn’t the easiest way to sneak bone broth into your diet….
Bone Broth Hot Chocolate by Carley at Fairy Gut Mother
- 2C mild chicken broth
- 4C whole milk
- 1/2 7oz can condensed milk
- 12 oz dark chocolate (I used 4 3oz bars)
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 1/2tsp nutmeg
- 1/2tsp chili powder
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Place all contents in a slow cooker and set on low or simmer for 4 hours.
- Stir every half hour to ensure ingredients are well combined.
- Serve topped with marshmallows or whipped cream garnished with shaved chocolate