This oatmeal recipe made in the Instant Pot electric pressure cooker helps make the grains easier to digest and adds 10 grams of whole-food collagen protein.
Double bonus? It works with both steel cut oats and rolled oats, for a healthy breakfast that you can literally make a different way every day - no babysitting or tending as it cooks!
- 2 cups Bonafide Provisions Chicken Bone Broth
- 1 cup non-dairy milk of choice
- 1 cup steel cut oats or rolled oats
- 1 cinnamon stick (or cinnamon to taste)
- 1 generous pinch of kosher salt
- Toppings: whatever you like! We topped ours with mixed organic raw nuts, banana and a drizzle of maple syrup.
Add the oatmeal of your choice and the liquid with the cinnamon stick and kosher salt.
Press the manual (high pressure) setting and set the cooking time for 3 minutes on high. Once the cooking time ends, allow the oatmeal to sit in the pot to natural release the pressurized steam for 20 minutes. Flip the release valve using the end of a wooden spoon to release any residual steam and always face the lid away from you when opening.
Add toppings of your choice with additional milk to taste. Oatmeal can be refrigerated for 3-5 days.