Whole30 Zucchini Noodle Bolognese by TheMovementMenu.com
You’re going to be head over heels for the Whole30 Zucchini Noodle Bolognese recipe. It comes bursting with flavor and pairs perfectly with fresh, spiralized veggie noodles! It tastes awesome reheated and can be frozen for meal prep. Great for lunch or dinner!
8 medium zucchinis, spiralized (see instructions)
3-4 teaspoons kosher salt
6 strips bacon, finely diced
1 yellow onion, diced
3 celery ribs, diced
4 carrots, diced
8 garlic cloves, minced
2 pounds grass-fed beef
1 cup canned coconut milk
1 cup bone broth
12 ounces tomato paste
2 teaspoons garlic powder
sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Spiralize the zucchinis first. I like to use the “C” blade on my Inspiralizer. Feel free to spiralize it as thick or as thin as you’d like!
- Add the spiralized zucchini to a large colander and place it over the sink. Add the kosher salt and massage it well into the zucchini. Let it sit for about 20 minutes, as this process will release a lot of moisture.
- Rinse the zucchini well with cold water and let it drain for another 10-15 minutes. Pat it as dry as you can with a kitchen towel and set aside.
- Cook the bacon cubes in a large cooking pot on medium-high heat until crunchy. Transfer the bacon to a paper-lined plate for later use.
- Cook the onion, celery and carrots until the onions appear translucent. Add in the garlic cloves and cook for another minute or so, until fragrant.
- Add in the beef and cook until brown. Add in the coconut milk, bone broth, tomato paste and cooked bacon cubes. Let it simmer for 7-10 minutes, until everything is well combined and appears thick.
- Stir in the garlic powder, sea salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Stir in the zucchini noodles and let everything cook together for 4-5 minutes. Serve warm.