Apple And Pecan Risotto With Gorgonzola
Serves 4 to 6
2 tbsp (30 g) butter, divided
1 green apple, cored and chopped
½ sweet onion, chopped
¾ cup (170 g) arborio rice
1½ cups (360 ml) white wine
3 cups (720 ml) Chicken Bone Broth
1⁄3 cup (60 g) gorgonzola cheese
½ cup (60 g) pecans, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
Chopped parsley, for garnish
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon (15 g) of butter.
- Add the apple and onion with a pinch of salt and pepper and sauté until soft, about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once soft, add the remaining tablespoon (15 g) of butter, push the apples and onions to the side and add the rice.
- Toast rice for about 1 minute, then add the wine.
- Simmer over medium-low heat until the wine is absorbed, about 3 minutes, then add the chicken broth 1 cup (240 ml) at a time, allowing it to be absorbed as well. Stir constantly, making sure nothing is sticking to the bottom.
- After all the liquid has been added and absorbed, add the gorgonzola and stir until melted.
- Place the pecans in a small skillet and toast over low heat for about 4 to 5 minutes, occasionally shaking the pan.
- To serve, top with pecans and parsley.